Production Blog: Editing

As someone who has been using Cap Cut since the start of my school year for my classes, I can confidently say it's the best editing software to use. Especially when filming a horror story such as my group is. I had my doubts when I first opened, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy it was to navigate and the tips it tells you to help you navigate. I believe editing for horror is a life saver because it changes ordinary footage into spine-chilling scenes with a few clicks. It's easy to effortlessly create an ominous atmosphere using the app's lighting adjustment and eerie sound effects. There are plenty of transitions available along with haunting music that can keep any audience captivated throughout the video, ensuring maximum impact. My groupmate also mentioned that I could use Cap Cut's color grading options to enhance the eerie ambiance of the scenes, making every frame feel unsettling and ominous. There is also a motion tracking feature that is supposedly a "gamechanger." I'm not too familiar with it but he said it's supposed to help integrate "supernatural" elements into our footage and further attract viewers. It's important I know this information because I do most of the editing for the project, just like the other projects we've done before. I will also be using additional features to make our video appear as intriguing as possible. One that I'm really interested in using is the split screen feature. I believe it could heighten suspense and deliver shocking moments. Another feature I am interested in using is the text and tiles. I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to incorporate this in the film, but it could be interesting to show ominous messages to set the tone or to provide a backstory. Cap Cut also has the feature that allows you to pick selected music or eerie sounds. Such sounds include creaking doors, whispers, or distant screaming which allows tension to build. As I'm performing some more research it appears I can edit in fog, glitches, or distortions to add unsettling elements to our film. I hope everything goes well; we will begin filming shortly, and I will let everyone know exactly what features I used on the next editing blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Pitch